Thursday, October 25, 2007

James Brown rules

I had to break out the Blues Brothers DVD this week. It was mandatory viewing in my household from 1984-1989 or so. Simply classic. By the way, Blues Brothers 2000 never happened. Thankfully I've never seen it and never will...as it has never happened...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGo9Xe5dPos

Brother: "This week's sermon is from our beloved...the Reverend Cleophus James!"

Rev. Cleophus: "And now, people.....and now, people...when I woke up this morning, I heard a disturbing sound. I said, when I woke up this morning I heard a disturbing sound. What I heard was the jingle-jangle of a thousand lost souls. And I'm talking about the souls of mortal men and women, departed from this life. Wait a minute! Those lost, anguished souls roamin' unseen over the earth...seekin' the divine light...that they'll not find...because it's too late!... tooooooo laaaaaaaate yeah, too late for them to ever see again, the light they once chose not to follow! Alright now, alright...don't be lost when the time comes! For the day of the Lord cometh, as a thief in the night. Aaaaaaaaamen...can I get an Amen! Can I get an Amen! Well, well, well...."

2 comments:

Tony Lanza said...

What's next? Eddie Murphy doing James Brown and the Celebrity Hot Tub Club on SNL? Will it make me wet? Will it make me sweat? Well, Well, Well...

Great stuff!

Frank said...

That's right, Tony...you know you have the love for the soul-man...that scene is just excellent.