Monday, March 03, 2008

Tropical changes?

After one week in beautiful Aruba, my second jaunt to the desert island with the huge desalination plant which is used mostly for tap water for residents and resort guests, I've decided to pursue a career in hotel management so I can move down to some island, swim in the ocean every morning, then go to work in a warm climate.

In all seriousness, it'd be nice, but given that a large hotel chain can send you pretty much anywhere at any time to manage a different branch - who wants to end up in Saudi Arabia to manage the Hilton in Riyadh - or, worse, Butte, Montana??

I've never traveled to a warm climate from a cold one; that is to say, I've never left New England to anywhere south of Washington, D.C., during the winter months. Definitely recommended.

No comments: